Sunday, May 10, 2015

WEEK 6 ORC: THE REVEAL


Assalamualaikum & good day,
Alhamdulillah :) The reveal day is finally here. It's an accomplishment to be proud of to all the linking participants. Thanks Linda at the Calling It Home for hosting the challenge, a catalyst for us to complete our home makeover. I spent MYR230 or USD76 for this project, less than what I budgeted. Hooray! I leave the details of the expenditure at the end of the post. Now is time to see how the room has transformed into :)

Before & after

Let me remind you, how the room looks before,


A lot of potential :) After 1/2/3/4/5-week of continuous TLC, and props, you're greeted with this view when you enter the room.
























1) The study desk is fitted with a medium size mirror. A night lamp is clamped on the desk. 


2) Next to the desk, are shelves to store Adik's books and toys. 



3) The wall on the right are covered partly with wallpaper and world map. 



























4) There're frames to hang arts, poems, motivational quotes, etc. 

5) I put a flowery clock on the wall on the left side of the room. To balance the empty space, I put triangular shapes randomly on the wall. 


What next?
There're still few things to do. The major one is the toy-car display. I also want to add labels to the baskets and containers. Lastly, I'm so glad, I join the One Room Challenge. So looking forward to the next challenge in October. 
Okay, one last photo :) 



Cost (to the nearest RM)
1. DRESSER
I re-purposed a cabinet to be Adik's dresser and added boxes to organize his clothing.
RM  7.00 Baskets (RM3.50x2)
RM  2.00 Label stickers
RM40.00 Storage boxes (RM8x5)
RM49.00

2. WALL FINISHING
I cut the wallpaper into triangular shapes and arranged them on part of the wall. I also used wallpaper to cover a section of the wall & put a world map sticker on top of it. 
RM  7.00 World map sticker
RM18.00 Wallpaper (RM6x3)
RM25.00

3. READING/ PLAYING AREA
Angel helped me assemble two shelves that serve as storage space. Plastic containers are used to organize the toys. 
RM  2.00 Label stickers 
RM11.00 Toddler chair
RM32.00 Shelves (RM16x2)
RM24.00 Storage boxes (RM8x4)
RM69.00

4.  LIGHTINGS
Mr husband helped to install the wall lighting. I also bought a desk lamp as a night light. 
RM12.00 Desk clamp lamp
RM20.00 Wall Lightings
RM32.00

5. DECORATION
RM  7.00 Hooks & poles (to be put up later)
RM  8.00 Frames (RM2x4)
RM10.00 Growth chart (to be put up later)
RM30.00 Toy-car-display items (to be put up later)
RM55.00










15 comments:

  1. Looks awsome!! Stimulating room for growing minds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing transformation! A true job well done. I adore the color palette you selected. It feels fresh and fun. The six weeks went by so fast. I completed our entry, living and dining areas in a new to us 30 year old house. So, cheers to us! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation from the before pictures to now. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the placement of the map on the wall. Looks like a great functional room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea how to do the mathematical conversion, but I am glad you finished under budget. It is amazing how a good design will translate to all parts of the world. Love the map wall, the study area and the headboard. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the map on the wall! Such a fun space for such a budget! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...