Friday, April 3, 2015

WEEK 1 ORC - PLANS FOR GUEST ROOM ARRANGEMENT


ORC is a short form for One Room Challenge, organized by Linda. I came to know about this after reading Jen's post about it. So, interested to join! Of course, I'm no guru compared to all other participants. I'm not joining in to compete, but to improve functionality of ONE room in my home in six weeks :) I've chosen the guest room to do the major overhaul. Here is a before-picture of the room. To help you visualize,
- The lower left side shows a pile of folded laundry on the bed. 
- The long dress on the right is hung on the door


ROOM PROFILE 

Function: Guest room/nursery room
Budget: Not more than RM400
Needs: Dresser/drawer, lightings, carpet, mirror, clock, picture frames, shelves, chair, soft cushions 

INSPIRATION



PLAN
  1. Buy a dresser/drawer to put in Adik's clothing and other stuff with no home yet.
  2. Hang wallpaper at selected area. Painting is not an option for me. I don't have the time and the expertise to do it
  3. Put a chair that's comfortable to sit on. Since I'm on a strict budget, I'll just use one of the chairs from our dining table and put cushions on it.
  4. Buy a new fan with lamps integrated with it. Why? Because the contractor wrongly plastered the whole ceiling minus the fan point. All this while, we survived with stand lamp in the room. But it's been  4/5 stand-lamp-life because Adik kept on knocking them down. It's time to change.
  5. Decorate the wall with frames, mirror & clock. A flower pot on the dresser would be nice.
That's all from me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...