Sunday, April 26, 2015

WEEK 4 ORC: ORGANIZATION


Assalamualaikum & good day,
I've ~1 hour before the link up to CallingitHome close. Not much to share, as I didn't do much. Have guests in the guest room (Week 1) :) A number of other linking participants also have delays in their progress. Phew! Nonetheless, here're a few updates:

1. ORGANIZE DRESSER
I used plastic boxes to divide and conquer the clutter. I divided them into nappy, towels, outings, pyjamas and too-big. The labels on the boxes written by Alang. Frequently used day-time clothings are displayed openly on the top shelf. The bottom shelf is dedicated for swimming bags.

 
                                      Before                                                       After

2. WALL FINISHING
No wallpaper up on the wall yet. Started the process already, but it was so difficult. So, I'm changing my plan in Week 2 and will do something similar to McKenzie.


Since I failed to cover the wall, I comfort myself by covering the door with dark brown wallpaper. There was a nail on the door. I thought it won't show after I covered it. Obviously, I was wrong :p

 
                                      Before                                                             After


3. READING/ PLAYING AREA
Now that I've guests in the room, it's obvious that space is a luxury. Hence, the idea of placing a study table for Adik in there is not practical. So, I just put a standard size desk. The desk is taken from the boys' cramp room.

Before

The ever growing toys are kept in small and medium plastic boxes.

 

4.  LIGHTINGS
The lightings I bought in Week 3 didn't even satisfy the minimum level of Lumens required - expected. Mr. Hubby then offered to help. He installed an LED type lighting, as shown in the photo below. I didn't have my hp then, to document the process. 
  • The good point, now the room has an abundance of lights. 
  • The bad point: There's a long strip of wire from the top of the ceiling to the floor, with black insulation wire covering the joint. Will have to think about how to cover it.
After


5. DECORATION
Bought six frames, growth chart and stickers. The toy-car-display parts are still in the shopping bag.


That's all for this week, hope more could be done soon ^.

2 comments:

  1. Looks more organized to me. Thank you for joining in. I just tried to use Google Translator to say 'well done' in Arabic. I could not figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having me in the challenge. The Arabic word for well done is mabrouk :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...