Thursday, May 1, 2014

DRAWER ORGANIZATION

In most houses, you can see a console table in their living rooms. But not in my house :) Used to put one, but after sometimes, I figured by having it I wasted valuable space in my petite size house. So, I replaced the table with our shoe cabinet. Yes, you read it correctly the first time. I used a shoe cabinet as shown below.

I've seen at least one other blogger resort to the solution similar as me (sorry, I didn't have the link). Well, as you can see, for the same area I could get more storage space by using the shoe cabinet. Hooray! More space = more stuff. So, when I opened the drawer...



A total chaos! Is having more stuff not good? Nope. What it needs is a little of TLC. Equipped with plastic containers, wrapper and stickers, I went to work.

Steps
  1. Remove all the items in the drawer. Wipe clean the drawer (I used baby wipe)
  2. Cut the wrapper to fit in the drawer
  3. Arrange the plastic containers
  4. Put label to each container & then fill the items accordingly.
Cost
2 packs of plastic containers RM9.80 (Billion)
Wrapper RM0.80 (Mr DIY Store)
Total RM10.60

What next?
I will change the orange-colored sticker to pastel or white one. More eye-friendly. The shoe box that holds the 'Tools', will also be changed to clear container once I found one with the right size.

Before & After
Let's end the post with the before & after photos. Happy organizing everyone <3

            

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...