Sunday, May 25, 2014

ORGANIZING KIDS BOOKS


In my last post, I showed you the above shelves where I put in

  • middle row : kids' school books arranged in file stands 
  • bottom rows: hand-me-down books, archive of stuff & exam papers 
  • top rows: kids' story books.  
I arranged the books this way, so that it'd be easy and quick for me to get access to the books or any revision materials. But, as you may also noticed, this was not a good arrangement for the kids. The story books were not at their eye level. If they couldn't see the books, we couldn't expect them to read the books, right? 

Okay, inspiration photos before I started my organizing process:


{The Organised Housewife} Toy Room


Mine

Steps
  1. Take down everything from the shelves and wipe off the dust 
  2. Clear the access to the story books - move the leaning-lamp-shade and the table besides the shelve
  3. Put a couch next to the shelve - relaxing reading corner 
  4. Re-arrange the papers, books and other stuff back on the shelves. Naming the shelves from bottom to top as 1 to 5,
    • Shelve 1: media related equipment 
    • Shelve 2: kids' school books arranged in file stands 
    • Shelve 3,4: kids' story books      
    • Shelve 5: hand-me-down books, archive of stuff & exam papers (arrange the cereal boxes on the sides) 



Cost
RM 0


What next?
Write checklist of the revision books & the exam papers. Will save me hours in future. The labels will also be replaced to reflect the contents better.

Before & after
To pen off, here are the before & after. Now, the kids & I can sit comfortably on the couch reading the books =)

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...