Wednesday, June 25, 2014

PROJECT: KIDS' LOCKER

It has been quite a hectic week. Does it mean a STOP sign is hanged in managing the house? Surely no :) Even though no real projects were done, I did organize here and there. It just took longer than I plan as I had to put more hours elsewhere. Today, I'm sharing with you, a project which I completed last night, my kids' locker!
I really love what Jen did to her son's locker at school. I wanted to do the same! But in Malaysia we don't have locker system as in US. The students here leave their books in book shelves provided in their classrooms (will share the photo later).  The other reason why I did the project is because I want to have a concealed place where my kids can put their school bags - before this they put the bags in baskets or hang them on the coat hanger. 

Steps:
  1. Find a place to create the locker - I chose the small store area under the stairs.
  2. Clear & clean the area - I moved the stuffs to the other store. 
  3. Buy accessories to create the space - as listed below.
  4. Arrange the bags and books
  5. Decorate the area.










Cost:

Carpet RM9.90 (Mr DIY)
Storage box RM24.90 (Giant)
Small board RM5 (Daiso)
Steel rack RM6.90 (Mr DIY)
Flower frame RM2 (RM2 Store)
Total cost = RM48.70

What next?
I'll find a container to put the kids' sports gear in the locker.

Before and after
So happy with the new arrangement. Now the kids can easily get the extra school supplies I put on the rack. And important school related letters can be put up on the board :)

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...